Friday 20 June 2014

Is spongebob squarepants racist?




Mark


Spongebob has alot of stereotypes
Spongebob:yellow, can't drive and likes karate(Asian)
Patrick:fat and lazy(american)
Squidward: hates community, turban shaped head( Arabic/muslim)
Sandy: accent, doesn't work, patriotic(white trash American)
Mr. Krabs : long nose, greedy(jewish)

So I think it's pretty racist. What are your guys thoughts on it?



Answer
People make a lot of assumptions about spongebob and other kid shows. I think it could be possible. That the characters have a lot of negative characteristics. For an example ;
I heard the maker of spongebob based the characters on the 7 sins.
Greed, Gluttony, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, and Envy.
Greed - Mr. Crabs
Squidward - Wrath
Garry - Gluttony
Sandy - Pride
Plankton - Envy
Sloth - Patrick
Spongebob - Lust (Dante's definition of lust was "excessive love of others. Which is a characteristic of Spongebob. He loves Squidward so much that he doesn't care what Squidward says towards him.)

Hey but this is just my thoughts towards it.
Hope I helped you out somehow.

What episode is this spongebob quote from?




Emily Seie


Spongebob: "You wont believe what I found in my sock last night! Go ahead, guess!"

Im dieing to know, thanks guys(:



Answer
the episode is called "One Krabs Trash" its one of my favorite:) its when mr krabs tries to get back his soda drink hat from spongebob because he finds out what its really worth




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment