Thursday 22 May 2014

How come Spongebob's Pineapple hasn't rotted yet? I would LOVE a completely scientific answer!?




vtguy17


I was just wondering...what real world circumstances would it take to keep spongebobs pineapple from rotting? A long, deeply scientific answer would be much appreciated. Thank you

It doesnt even have to be right...if it sounds sciencey, that works, just make it good!

Good luck, use your degree...or imagination, haha



Answer
Good question. The Spongebob universe provides a never-ending series of contradictions and paradoxes that beggar explanation. For example, I could speculate that the underwater environment retards the oxidation of the pineapple due to the reduced oxygen concentration; however, there is clearly enough oxygen to support a diverse array of life, and even for fires to burn (!!!) so that doesn't seem like the appropriate answer.

Then I considered the possibility that the saltwater had killed any of the bacteria which might have set to work devouring the pineapple and causing it to rot, but if that were the case why hasn't the salt destroyed the pineapple itself? Pineapples don't live in marine environments and I could be wrong, but I suspect that ocean water is hypertonic compared to the flesh of a pineapple. The pineapple should have shriveled as its water was leeched out to balance the concentration of salt inside and outside its cells.

The only solution I can think of is that Spongebob must have coated his house, inside and out, with some kind of water-tight sealant prior to bringing it down to the ocean floor. That would prevent the oxygen from fueling its decomposition, and it would prevent the saltwater from shriveling it up. Now where Spongebob was able to buy a sealant powerful enough to protect his house after years on the ocean floor, I cannot say. But then again, I also cannot say why a sponge needs a house to begin with.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Nickelodeon Universe Charactors?




Leah S.


I a taking my daughter to Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America this weekend and I'm wondering if anybody knows what other characters they will have? Do they even still have characters? I remember when I was a kid and it was camp snoopy, they had charlie brown and snoopy walking around. I swear I've seen pics on FB of kids with the backyardigans....


Answer
they have spongebob, patrick, dora, boots, the backyardagains and so many more characters walking around.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment