Saturday 5 April 2014

What have your kids done lately that made you smile?




q


About 5 minutes ago my son Tyler (he's 4) took his Spongebob sticker off his hand and put it on mine and said "Spongebob for mama" and then kissed it.


Answer
You are probably going to think I'm nuts when I tell this story, lol...

Johnny says "Boota Boota Boota" alot. I can't for the LIFE of me figure out what he's trying to say.... So last night, he was sitting on my lap, looking at me saying "Boota Boota Boota" and I said, "Ok, Johnny Boota Boota means I love you, OK???" and he looked at me and said "O-tay"... And a few seconds later, he grabbed my face, said "Boota Boota" and gave me a kiss.

I thought it was the cutest thing ever!

When did SpongeBob Squarepants hit its lowest point for you?




Francesco


I know that there is a ton of "SpongeBob sucks now" and "What happened to Spongebob?" questions floating around on Y!A, but this is supposed to be an open discussion on when did the series begin to go downhill for you personally?

To me, Season's 6 and 7 was when Spongebob hit rock bottom (no pun intended)

Most Spongebob fans agree that Seasons 1, 2 and 3 were Spongebob's best years and there really is no question why we refer the first three seasons as "Classic Spongebob" It really was a classic show, the humor was clean but amazing and people of all ages could enjoy it! Season 1 is one of my personal favorites due to the old animation style and the humor and is considered to be the "sacred calf" of all Spongebob seasons. Seasons 2 and 3 used new animation styles and were still just as funny!
Then the movie came out, which I absolutley LOVED, but what I didn't realize was that Steven Hillenburg and the original writers all left the show after the movie came out and were replaced by Paul Tibbit, so it's really surprising in the long run that there even were new episodes after Season 3. (The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie was supposed to be the final curtain. The series finale of Spongebob)
The first post-movie season, Season 4 was actually very good. I LOVED Fear Of A Krabby Patty and the following episodes when they came out. (In fact, Skill Crane is still one of my favorites.) But after Selling Out and Funny Pants, I did notice minute changes in the series, Patrick was becoming more dim-witted, Spongebob was acting even crazier than normal, Squidward almost seemed suicidal at times, however Mr. Krabs, Sandy, and Plankton all remained the same. Those changes were a lot more noticible in Season 5 when the humor overall became more geared twoard's the 12 and under age range. There were a lot of really funny episodes in Season 5, don't get me wrong like Sing a Song Of Patrick, and Roller Cowards and all that stuff. Atlantis Squarepantis and Pest of the West were just weird though.
Season 6 was the worst. There is no getting around it. I tried so hard to like the sixth season but it just did no justice to the way the series used to be. The humor changed AGAIN from childish hi-jinks to this absolutley vile gross-out body horror humor that I would NEVER EVER EVER associate with Spongebob. House Fancy was Season 6 and the somewhat funny episode was totally ruined by the bone-chilling scene where Spongebob rips off Squidward's toenail (Squids don't have toenails, or at least I thought.) The episode where SpongeBob got an infected splinter was SO GODDAMN REVOLTING that it actually made me want to vomit. That episode to me was worse than 2 Girls 1 Cup. The ending to "Gone", the episode where Spongebob was the only one left in Bikini Bottom made me want to punch my TV. It's not the fact that the people of Bikini Bottom thought he was annoying that bothered me, it was how the hell can PATRICK STAR literally betray his own best friend like that AND GET AWAY WITH IT?! No Hat For Pat and Slide Wistle Stooges were the only saving graces for Season 6.
Season 7 was honestly not that much better. There were really no memorable episodes and the humor was SO all over the place ranging from the disgusting humor of Season 6, the childish humor of season 5 and the good clean humor from Seasons 1-4. SpongeBob's Last Stand (which I thought was the series finale) was WAY too political. The way that the peaceful protest to save Jellyfish Fields caused Spongebob to be BANISHED from Bikini Bottom reminded me way too much of Occupy Wall Street and the Anti-Vietnam protests in the 60s. I honestly thought that If I was 4 years old and I saw the "Puffy Fluffy" episode, I would have been scarred for life. That episode was absolutley TERRIFYING and the fact that Spongebob blamed GARY for the whole thing just made it worse. (Blaming the victim)

The series didn't really start to turn around until recently, Seasons 8 and 9 are surprisingly much better than I expected, and beat Seasons 6 and 7 in the dust. The series will never be as good as it was 1999-2004, but its still a MASSIVE improvement from the abyss that was Seasons 6 and 7. "Plankton's Pet" from Season 9 was actually a very cute episode where Plankton adopts a pet Aomeba that acts like a dog. I really wonder whether our constant complaining about how "New Spongebob Sucks" caused the writers to look back at the first three seasons and essentally do their homework again.

So when did Spongebob Squarepants hit it's lowest point for you?



Answer
Actually it never went down hill. Yeah, there's episodes I don't care for, but I like a majority of them. But I noticed season 8 and 9 are getting better than it has been so...

There's also a second movie coming out in late 2014. It's not the series finale, there's more episodes coming out after tht movie, so spongebob is staying a longtime yet!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment