Friday 30 August 2013

Does anyone here watch Spongebob Squarepants?

spongebob genetics on buckmanager.com - world record whitetail deer, world record whitetail ...
spongebob genetics image



Amanda1720


I'm a 17 Yr Old Female and I like to watch Spongebob.. Am I getting to old for cartoons?


Answer
In my opinion you're only as old as you feel. I'm a 27 year old woman and I watch Spongebob and I don't have kids. Of course I have good genetics and people think I'm younger than I am but that doesn't matter I say do what makes you happy. So I say watch Spongebob all the time!!!!

Genetics & Punnett Squares?




thuy b


Spongebob Squarepants recently met Spongesusie Roundpants at a dance. Spongebob is heterozygous for his square shape, but Spongesusie is round. Create a punnett square to show the possibilities that would result if Spongebob and Spongesusie had children.

a) List the possible genotypes and phenotypes for their children.

b)What are the chances of a child with a square shape? __ out of __ or __%

c)What are the chances of a child with a round shape? __ out of __ or __%

Sorry if this is too much, but I don't understand this. Please provide a simple explanation.



Answer
.... it IS answerable unlike what kt said. If this is simple high school Biology, then to give you better understanding, Spongesusie is homozygous recessive (ss), whereas Spongebob is heterozygous dominant (Ss). If the question calls for just a regular Punnet square, then you have either the choice of homozygous and heterozygous combinations of allele. Say that the dominant allele is S, and recessive allele is s. If dominant alleles prevail (SS or Ss), then they should be square phenotype. If recessive alleles prevail (only combination possible is ss), then they should be round phenotype. Reason I know this is because, like I said before, only two combinations of phenotypes exist, round and square. And the question says Spongebob is heterozygous for square. Meaning the alleles are Ss, and since there is a dominant allele S in there, it's a dominant genotype. So the only remaining choice for the round phenotype is recessive combination of ss.

So the cross will be Ss x ss. Do the punnet square, and you should be good. If you don't know how to do punnet squares, look it up.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment