Thursday 15 May 2014

Why do kids born between 1997-1999 consider themselves 90s kids if half of them don't even remember the 90s?




_


It's so annoying that kids born between 1997-1999 are like OMG I miss the 90s when half of them probably don't even remember the 90s or 90s pop culture.

I'm not referring to a 90s kid as someone who was born between 1990-1999, I'm referring to the term 90s kid as in someone who remembers 90's pop culture, tv shows, music, etc.
Sorry I don;t know what this has to do with rap but sorry I asked this in the rap section dudes LOL yahoo suggested I put it here, and was to lazy to search for another section.
the 90s had good rap music :P



Answer
Read past my 1st sentence; I do answer your question.

Not to offend anyone born in the 90s, but your childhoods were primarily in the later 90s Pokemon, Spongebob, Nintendo 64, Cartoon Network, etc., era, which actually extended into the early 00s which is why these 97-99 kids can also remember a bit of it. Good childhood years, kind of the last ones to spend a good chunk of growing up years pre- computers and internet in every household.

I was born in the 80s, we 80s babies spent a lot of childhood in the 90s too but more in the Sega Genesis/SNES, pre-1995 Nickelodeon, alternative/grunge, pogs, season one of Power Rangers era. When I think "90s" , I think '96 and earlier and those last couple years of the decade don't feel very "90s" to me. That's why some 80s babies don't think of 90s babies as 90s kids at all, different parts of the decade.

When did Nickelodeon start to suck?




Jonathan t


Honestly if it weren't for Spongebob, there would be absolutely no reason to watch it.
And wtf is up with iCarly?! I HATE that crap! its not funny! Random doesn't = Funny! Its just stupid!



Answer
I would have to say around 1997 or so, that was when the quality started to go downhill, Nickelodeon didn't hit rock bottom until around 2002-03




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment