Wednesday 18 December 2013

are pirates real,do they say ''arg and ahoy matey and all that, and carry parrots on their shoulder?

spongebob 5 years later on Alexa Vega (Carmen Cortez from SPY KIDS): 9 Years Later | IGN Boards
spongebob 5 years later image



JoJo


idk i was watching spongebob ''you know the viking episode'' so i was wondering and other shows and stuff so now its on my mind like crazy lol


Answer
Well Yes, pirates are real. Here is some biography about them.


~~~~Ancient origins~~~~~ (FROM WIKIPEDIA)
Mosaic of a Roman Trireme in Tunisia.

Pirates have been around as long as people have used the oceans as trade routes. The earliest documented instances of piracy are the exploits of the Sea Peoples who threatened the Aegean and Mediterranean in the 13th century BC.[4] In Classical Antiquity, the Illyrians and Tyrrhenians were known as pirates, as well as Greeks and Romans. The island of Lemnos long resisted Greek influence and remained a haven for Thracian pirates. During their voyages the Phoenicians seem to have sometimes resorted to piracy, and specialized in kidnapping boys and girls to be sold as slaves.[5] By the 1st century BC, there were pirate states along the Anatolian coast, threatening the commerce of the Roman Empire.

On one voyage across the Aegean Sea in 75 BC,[6] Julius Caesar was kidnapped by Cilician pirates and held prisoner in the Dodecanese islet of Pharmacusa.[7] He maintained an attitude of superiority and good cheer throughout his captivity. When the pirates decided to demand a ransom of twenty talents of gold, Caesar is said to have insisted that he was worth at least fifty, and the pirates indeed raised the ransom to fifty talents. After the ransom was paid, Caesar raised a fleet, pursued and captured the pirates, and had them put to death.

The Senate finally invested Pompey with powers to deal with piracy in 67 BC (the Lex Gabinia), and Pompey after three months of naval warfare managed to suppress the threat. (See Pompey#Campaign against the pirates).

In the 3rd century, pirate attacks on Olympos (city in Anatolia) brought impoverishment. Among some of the most famous ancient pirateering peoples were the Illyrians, populating the western Balkan peninsula. Constantly raiding the Adriatic Sea, the Illyrians caused many conflicts with the Roman Republic. It was not until 68 BC that the Romans finally conquered Illyria and made it a province, ending their threat.

As early as 258 AD, the Gothic-Herulic fleet ravaged towns on the coasts of the Black Sea and Sea of Marmara. The Aegean coast suffered similar attacks a few years later. In 264, the Goths reached Galatia and Cappadocia, and Gothic pirates landed on Cyprus and Crete. In the process, the Goths seized enormous booty and took thousands into captivity.

In 286 AD, Carausius, a Roman military commander of Gaulish origins, was appointed to command the Classis Britannica, and given the responsibility of eliminating Frankish and Saxon pirates who had been raiding the coasts of Armorica and Belgic Gaul.

In the Roman province of Britannia, Saint Patrick was captured and enslaved by Irish pirates.

Early Polynesian warriors attacked seaside and riverside villages. They used the sea for their hit-and-run tactics - a safe place to retreat to if the battle turned against them.

And here is a picture of them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pyle_pirates_treasfight.jpg

They have been in the sea's for many years. They are really the enemy of us.

Here is a real story that happened on the news (LINK)
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/04/09/us_crew_fends_off_attack_by_somali_pirates/

Well Thats all the information I have! Until then.... ARG! LOL JK!
I hope I helped and goodluck!

Ivee Nguyen~~~~~~~~~~

POLL: What are two things about YOU that you find to be beautiful!!?




I Am The W


Can't be anything physical.
I don't wanna hear that you have a nice a$$, cause I'm sure you do, but that's not what I want to read about.

Like for me, I think my laugh is hysterical and I like that I'm genuinely a really nice person.
It's time we all say something nice about ourselves =)



Answer
Two things?

Okay, first one:

I have the ability to appreciate some things that could be overlooked by others. For example, I appreciate your question immensely and your desire to make people say something nice about themselves so they feel good and you feel good making them feel good. Now I feel good before I even say anything good about myself because itâs just good to know that you want me to feel good and the goodness is now all over the place, like a moving snowball or a boomerang. You canât stop it and it grows, and if you throw it, it comes back at you with its own reward.

Second thing:

Nothing original here, I also think Iâm genuinely a really nice person but Iâll go one (big) step further, to make it more original. As a really nice person, I like kids and they like me. My kids are grown so I babysit other peopleâs kids. I donât get paid, I like to play with kids because they really have COOL toys, like Lego pieces (Iâm amazed how the pieces evolved over the years) or making crêpes and getting flour on your face (Iâm a Gemini so that could explain some things). I also like SpongeBob SquarePants. I canât get enough of the little guy.

I donât discipline, I donât do anything except play with them and make sure that theyâre safe. I go into a house with screaming and chaos and advance warming about the âimpossibleâ kids, siblings fighting one anotherâ¦this one not wanting to eat this, that one having a temper tantrum. Then the parents leave and everything gets calm. No fighting, no screaming, no misbehaving. I think they like me to come around so they make sure I want to come back.

Okay, a little fighting and screaming in a fun way, when Iâm the Princess that one is trying to kidnap and the other is trying to protect and who will at the end do a good sword fight to defend herself with an amazing lighted Star Wars sword (retractable too!!), all the while making sure that nobody fall down the stairs.

Then Iâm all sweaty and think of it as the best workout ever, better than a stationary bicycle. Then I get tired, because Iâm old and all the kids settle down, watching TV, playing with Lego pieces, playing a computer game or even reading a book. Then 4 or 5 hours later, the parents come home and ask me how hard it was and Iâm like âwhen can I come back?â

Iâm asked how I do it. Making kids love me and behave. I just tell the parents that Iâm not their mother. Iâm not the one to tell them to brush their teeth, clean their room, and go to bed at this hour. Iâm just here to protect them and have fun with them. I donât even have to wash their clothes and buy groceries for them so they never see me as a maid or a providerâ¦just a Princess to protect or kidnap and who will put a good sword fight if needed.


I remember a little kid once who had âproblemsâ. He was like 7 years old, mean and full of hatred. You cannot believe how mean such a young kid can be, until you see it, like seeing pure evil. He even sexually molested even younger kids (5 years old) so the whole neighborhood was like âthat kid is troubleâ and everybody treated him like a leper. No way would the proper authorities put 7 years old in prison for molestation!

I knew that kid was a victim too. Only victims become perpetrators in order to justify their hopelessness and what happened to them. That kid was mean to me too (I wonât go into details) but being blessed with my special connection to kids, I threw him a rope or a buoy, whatever. I remember that saying about treating people, not as they are but as if they were what they should be or what you want them to be, so you can help them become what they are capable of becoming.
I told that kid that he showed disrespect to me (like he did everybody else), but I told him that he could apologize to me and when he would be ready to do that, I would be ready to love him like my own son, welcome him into my house, make him sandwiches and get him ice-creamsâ¦

He took him a week but he did it. He came up to me in the parking lot and said âI apologizeâ. I said âapology accepted. Do you want ice-cream?â

Then I had to love that kid more than my own kids because he needed so much since he was so depraved of it. Itâs like when you have guests in your house, you treat them better than your own family members. I went out of my way to cook his favorite meals and prepare his favorite snacks (good food is always a great incentive).

Then, around the community swimming pool, people would ask me âhow come that kid, whoâs not even yours, does nothing heâs told except when you tell him to do itâ and I was like âI donât know, I just have a way with kidsââ.


(I really appreciate that youâre sure I have a nice behind. Beauty really is in the eyes of the beholder, ha-ha-ha)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment