Thursday 25 July 2013

How do I get a two-year old to listen to me (her step-mom) & Dad?

spongebob just one bite on List of characters/Other - The SpongeBob SquarePants Wiki
spongebob just one bite image



xjalyn


My husband has a two year old daughter that he gets every other week because he has 50/50 custody. When we get her, she refuses to listen, she throws things, she bites, & she won't listen to him at all. She will listen to me sometimes because I sit her on my lap & talk to her, but she refuses to listen to him. Her Mother doesn't raise her 'cause when his daughter comes over, she does everything for herself. She is very independent for a two-year-old. But she just doesn't listen. At our house she has no noopie, no bottle, & we are trying to potty-train her. But when she goes back to her Mothers, she doesn't work with her. She gives her a noopie, bottle, & she refuses to try & potty-train her. So help?


Answer
First off, she might be too young to potty train. I didnât potty train my son until about 3yrs old. They have to be ready, you cant force them or it just wont work.
Does your husband spoil his daughter? I bet he does. He might be afraid that if he doesnât she might not want to come over anymore. Its a tough situation.
Heres my advice. Keep on talking to her (just like you are). Reward her on the things she does well. Try to interact with her with the things she likes to do, like watch spongebob, dora and wiggles. No matter how much you cant stand what she likes, if she sees that you want to enjoy what she likes she might be a little easier to handle. Become friends and go from there. However, you still are a parent so when she does bad let her know why it was bad and give her a time out. You have to give her boundaries, now more than ever. Stand your ground and be strong. You need to draw that line where your friends and also parent and child. She is not the boss and she needs to learn that.

Good luck

Just looking for some input on what kind of braces I may have to get for my teeth?




sassy


Ok so I'm 19 and I've never had braces. I may or may not get them it really depends on the cost, but at this age I would prefer to have braces that aren't noticeable. Such as Invisalign or ceramic. My bottom teeth are pretty much straight. When I close my mouth, I defiantly have an over bite. My two front teeth hang down more so than the rest, and there is some crowding go on with my top teeth but I don't think it's anything too major. What do you think? Personal experiences.


Answer
I am someone who at an early age (3rd grade) got braces, then a retainer, and then braces again in 8th grade. I know for a fact that if I had tried to use Invisalign instead of braces, my teeth would look like [enter cuss word here] right now. My top teeth had many gaps (I looked like a human Spongebob), and my bottom teeth were crowded. I also had a severe overbite.

Make an appointment with your local orthodontist to check your teeth out. They will tell you how extreme it is, what you should do, etc. Also keep in mind that different orthodontists have different recommendations. Some will say you will need 4 years of braces, some will say 1-2.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment