Thursday 20 March 2014

Spongebob moving towards older audience?




gargoyle


I was babysitting me nephew and he wanted to watch spongebob, he is 6. I remembered the show as being stupid, but funny. The episodes I saw I was unimpressed. There was never any gore in the old show but the episode I saw disturbed me.(squidwards foot was ozzing out guts and blood) Then another episode they had the "idiot friends" song. So many things wrong with that! I always laughed at the early spongebob haters, but now I am not so sure. Has anyone else noticed this rather alarming transition. Before I thought spongbob was for 6+ Now I would say 8-9+. If were exposing this to our children now and shows only get older what will future generations be watching?


Answer
I've noticed this change too, and i think that the honest reason is that they've run out of things to put in their shows. As you know, Spongebob has been running for a long while now. I also think that Nickelodeon has seen a change in it's audience (their newer shows appeal to older kids). Despite this, I still agree with you, it's disgusting. I have no idea why they would decide to put this in their shows.

Why did creator Stephen Hillenburg leave Spongebob?




YaDiGG


He was a genius, and every since he left the show went down the hill big time, like seriously watching the new episodes in the Sponge Bash was just horrible.


Answer
Moved onto another position so he could focus on other ventures as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment